Three Suites are made from reclaimed teak houses – a “Joglo”, a Java house and a “Gladak”. Each grass–roofed Suite features a spacious double bedroom, luxurious bathroom and a large wooden deck with an outdoor lounging area and open spaces for early morning Yoga or Meditation.
The downstairs bathroom of the Joglo Suite is more than spacious and features a unique shower – which leaves one breathless with admiration – and its own wooden deck overlooking the valley. Spectacular!
The fourth Suite, “Marian’s Cottage” – is a two-bedroom stucco cottage with a large Living and Dining Verandah leading off the Master Bedroom. A smaller Double Bedroom interconnects. Both bedrooms have their own private garden bathroom and separate entrances. The Double Bedroom also has a private patio with table and chairs overlooking the verdant tropical gardens.
Villa Hartland Estate boasts not one but TWO dining areas! To the rear of the Suites one finds a full kitchen and cosy, comfortable open-air dining room, whilst a separate Dining Pavilion sits atop the Pool House offering spectacular views across the river to the rice fields and the mountains beyond, and to the sunset and the distant ocean. A smaller but fully equipped kitchen adjoins, whilst the Pool House below houses shower, bathroom and dressing room.
The Dining Table and Benches in this Pavilion have been hand-made on the property from large pieces of old buried teak. In fact, almost all of the furniture has been hand-made on site from reclaimed teak or old ulin (iron wood) by Javanese artisans. The unique stone featured in the Pool House and some bathrooms comes from the island of Sumba.
Two Meditation Gazebos are located in secluded spots further down the hillside towards the organic vegetable and herb gardens. They are fan-cooled with large comfortable couches, mosquito nets and, of course, amazing views!
The private villa property also boasts its own pure natural spring from which cool water is pumped up for the pool, the organic vegetable and herb gardens and for household use.
Villa Hartland Estate is available for rent as a 4-bedroom property for short stays and as a 5-bedroom for short and longer stays.
- Three Double Suites – The Joglo Suite and The Teak House & The Java House
- Marian’s Cottage with Master Bedroom and adjoining Double Bedroom
- Satellite TV in the four Master Bedrooms
- Bedrooms feature en suite garden bathrooms
- Five Bathrooms
- Large Wooden Decks & Indoor and Outdoor Lounging areas
- Two fully equipped kitchens
- Two Open Air Dining Pavilions
- Pool House
- Two Meditation Gazebos
- 26 metre salt water infinity pool
- Organic Herb and Vegetable Gardens
- Large Koi Pond
- Natural Spring Water
- Orchid House
Hartland Estate was featured by Hong Kong based Homes Journal : Spiritual Retreat. Hartland Estate was also selected as one of the 4 best vacation villas to rent in the summer of 2016.
The beautiful design & concept of this unique private residence in Kedewatan, Ubud, Bali, is due to the collaboration of the following –
- Masterplan: Yew Kuan Cheong
- Architectural Design and Interior Architecture: Maximilian Jencquel
- Interior Design: Maximilian Jencquel in collaboration with Jason Lamberth
- Main Kitchen and Dining Pavilion: Joost van Grieken
- Decoration: by Owner
- Landscape Design: Ketut Sadru and Owner