Jendela di Bali:
A unique private villa,
in the foothills near Ubud,
that delivers you from the tourist throng
and offers you a window onto an ancient culture.
This is a special place for those who love artistry,
value authenticity and seek serenity with style.
When you book our villa you get exclusive use of the entire villa including the pool to yourselves. You will never share the villa with other guests….the whole villa is yours to enjoy, ensuring your complete privacy. So, whether you book one or two bedrooms, you or your group still get the entire villa to yourselves.
We do offer a lower rate if you only need to use one of the two bedroom bales – but you still get the entire villa to yourselves even if you only need one bedroom bale.
The Bale Bengong – Lounge/Dining Bale
The heart of Jendela di Bali is the Bale Bengong lounge and dining bale. This generous space offers a grand day bed dressed in regal fabrics, relaxing chairs, an elegant Javan-colonial dining room and French doors that look over the forested gorge and dramatic black-stone, wet-edge pool.
There is a CD entertainment system (with connection for your media device) with music also piped to the poolside bale. There is a small library of books giving an insight into Balinese, Indonesian and Asian cultures. Ceiling fans. Approx Size: 63sqm
Wayang Kulit Bale – Media, Massage & Meditation Bale
‘Wayang Kulit’ is the backlit shadow puppet play that shares with the people the ancient Hindu stories, including the Ramayana epic. This beautiful, elevated bale is the perfect place to meditate, do yoga, read, paint or draw.
For those seeking modern forms of entertainment, there is a flat screen TV with surround sound and DVD/CD, with Indovision cable TV discreetly within an antique Java cabinet. The grand day bed with its impressive batik canopy is the perfect place to read a book from the villa’s small but thoughtfully-selected library.
Ceiling fans. In-house massage is also available in the Wayang Kulit, we use a professional massage table for your comfort. Approx Size: 24sqm
The Kingfisher Bale – Guest Bedroom Bale
The gracefully arching roof line of The Kingfisher Bale takes inspiration from Toroja design. Sitting beyond the pool and palm grove and offering serene gorge views toward rice paddies, this elegant, hand crafted bale is made largely from coconut wood, making it both visually stunning and ecologically sustainable.
This guest bedroom bale offers:
- Queen bed (sleeps one or one couple)
- Balcony with shower-over-bath, day bed
- Ensuite toilet and basin
- Small writing table
- Digital safe
- WiFi internet access
- Ceiling fans
- Beautiful views overlooking the gorge
- Approx Size: 30sqm
The unique shower configuration places the shower-over-bath on the balcony, with a privacy curtain around the bath and blinds on the balcony. The toilet is separate at the rear of the Bale.
The White Elephant – Guest Bedroom Bale
This is a dream space like no other. On moonlit nights there is nothing more evocative than lying in the elegantly-dressed king bed looking out the stunning glass wall to the moon as it hovers languidly behind the jungle and towering palms. Fireflies dance before your eyes and at temple ceremony times the sound of Gamelan orchestras will enchant.
Inspired by the traditional Balinese Lumbung (rice barn), The White Elephant is a grand guest bale. Just one glance shows off her elegant and romantic lines.
Over three levels The White Elephant offers a living room, undercover deck with day bed, largely enclosed bathroom opening onto the deck. Upstairs is a romantic bedroom with spectacular vaulted alang-alang ceiling and a king bed dressed with crisp white linen and overlooked by traditional Balinese carved ‘Bidadari’ angles. Up on the third level, the small loft offers an intimate space to read or meditate, with views over the garden, ponds, fountain and the sacred village beyond.
This guest bedroom bale offers:
- Undercover, protected deck with large day bed
- Largely enclosed bathroom opening onto the deck, with privacy shower curtain, modesty curtains to the deck and French windows opening to the garden
- King/twin single bedroom (sleeps one, one couple or two singles) with dramatic vaulted alang-alang grass ceiling and glass wall to gorge jungle views
- Loft for meditation and reading
- Kitchenette (not suitable for cooking)
- Ceiling fans
- Approx Size: 70sqm over three levels
Wet-Edge Pool and Pool Bale
Whether you are dining poolside, reclining on the wonderful day bed cosseted by comforting cushions or relaxing in the armchairs made from upcycled former Balinese fishing boats, there is a space and place for you poolside at Jendela di Bali.
There is even a hammock strung between a circle of palm trees to settle into and read and relax.
The black volcano stone pool with its wet/infinity edge dramatically reflects the towering coconut palms that surround it. By day it is a cooling haven and by night the pool is a dramatic backdrop, reflecting the moon and stars above. Pool 7m X 5m, to 1.3m deep, Pool Bale approx size: 28sqm
Jendela di Bali lies alongside an ancient gorge several stories deep. This natural amphitheater forms a protective habitat for plants and wildlife, most notably the stunning azure blue Javan Kingfisher with its amazing red beak.
A myriad of bird life and a rainforest chorus call this haven home – even the occasional friendly monkey visits. The gardens of the villa extend this natural habitat and provide ponds and fountains for the enjoyment of birds, butterflies and guests alike. The property size is approximately 2,400sqm.
The small but well-appointed kitchen is where our beautiful staff lovingly prepare a menu of simple but delicious Balinese and Indonesian meals for guests. We offer all meals (breakfast is included in the rate and a menu offers lunch and dinner selections at a modest additional cost).
We understand your desire to enjoy local flavours adjusted to western taste as well as the importance of quality and cleanliness in the fresh foods we present.
We can cater in a modest and understanding way to special dietary needs, including gluten free and vegetarian cuisine with advance notice. Ceiling fan. Approx Size: 6sqm
Jendela di Bali is not a hotel – it is a private villa set in 2400sqm of tropical gardens. When you book our villa you get exclusive use of the entire villa including the pool to yourselves. You will never share the villa with other guests….the whole villa is yours to enjoy, ensuring your complete privacy.
So, whether you book one or two bedrooms, you or your group still get the entire villa to yourselves. We do offer a lower rate if you only need to use one of the two bedroom bales – but you still get the entire villa to yourselves even if you only need one bedroom bale.
- ‘Bale Bengong’ Living and Dining Bale – Dining for four, day bed, occasional chairs, ceiling fans, stereo with CD, with speakers also to pool house, and a 3.5mm stereo headphone plug cable to connect iPhone/Pad/Pod and Android smart devices to play your own music through the system.
- ‘Wayang Kulit’ Media, Meditation and Massage Bale – TV with international channels, movies, news, cartoons, sports, radio channels, DVD/CD, surround sound system, ceiling fans. In-house massage is also available; we use a professional massage table for your comfort.
- ‘The Kingfisher Bale’ – Queen bed, deck with shower-over-bath, daybed and chairs, ensuite, ceiling fans (sleeps one or one couple)
- ‘The White Elephant Bale’ – Lounge, deck with day bed, bathroom with shower-over-bath opening to deck, separate king/twin singles bedroom, small loft, ceiling fans (sleeps one, one couple or two singles)
- Private swimming pool 7m X 5m and poolside bale – Two sun beds and pool towels, one day bed and two chairs, dining setting for four.
- Free internet connection (WiFi) in all buildings, poolside and most of the garden
- Tropical parkland gardens – 2,400sqm of lush tropical gardens.
- Digital safe deposit boxes in each bedroom bale
- Local telephone
- All high-quality bed linen, towels, toilet paper, and drinking water are provided. Normal household supplies such as toilet paper, soap etc. are included in the rental price and will be replenished as needed.
- Fully equipped kitchen (generally for staff use as villa is fully catered)
- Private off-street parking